The Early Intervention Program at QISH Al-Wakrah provides services for children aged 0-4, who are experiencing developmental delays or specific health conditions and require more than one service (i.e. Occupational Therapy and Speech Therapy). The Early Intervention Program includes Speech Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy and Special Education.
The EIP runs three days a week for three and a half hours from 8:00 am to 11:30 am and is a fun, play based, child based, family centered program where the involvement of every child’s caregivers is critical; as it is in the early development of any child.
Before beginning the program, each child is assessed by our multidisciplinary team and a case history is obtained from parents along with other relevant information. The results of the assessments, along with information obtained from parents and caregivers is then used to produce an Individualized Family Service Plan.
An Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP) is used to define the goals that are set for each child, as well as the strategies and supports required to achieve them, in addition to the individuals responsible for helping to achieve those goals.
- Physical skills such as crawling and walking.
- Cognitive skills such as learning and problem solving.
- Communication skills such as talking and listening.
- Self help skills such as eating and dressing.
- Social or emotional skills such as playing with others.
- Sensory processing skills such as handling sounds and smells.
Qatar Institute for Speech and Hearing – Al Wakrah
Street 595, N.23